Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Must Blog





The thought of blogging has been nagging at me for the past week. I have always been a big journal keeper but since starting this little blog I have completely given that up. Journaling/blogging has always been a mixed source of happiness and anxiety in my life. I love recording what we are up to because I want to preserve the memories but sometimes it weighs on me. It is almost like if I don't write it down, it never happened. So even though I really don't have anything that exciting to blog about-- I must blog. Just for my own sake. I am also recognizing a pattern that a majority of my posts are about our trips to SLC because we are always doing something that isn't in our regular routine and I normally take more pictures. But we DO do plenty of things here and I need to be better at recording our day to day life.
So what have we have been up to? think , think, think. Last week I got in a minor car accident which was the 8th alteration (yes, 8) that I have been in since I got my license. I really am a terrible driver. I hate driving. If I was a very rich lady I would have a driver before I would have a cook or a maid or a nanny. I would love to just sit in the back and be taken wherever I need to go. I have a terrible sense of direction which I undoubtedly inherited from my mother and I get really nervous if anyone else is in the car or following me. I have been in two somewhat serious accidents (one of which was in high school and I was NOT driving and the other I was by myself and slammed into the median on the freeway and then flew off the other side of the road...but that one was really my dads fault because he never explicitly taught me that you can't drive 75 miles an hour on a donut :)) The other six were all in parking lots, involved parked cars, or were fender benders going under 10 miles an hour and only 5 of these 6 were decidedly my fault. Even when nobody gets hurt and the damage is relatively little (but always SO expensive) it is a terrible rotten feeling to get into an accident. I always have the worst pit in my stomach for several days and repeatedly rewind that 30 seconds again and again wishing I could redo it. The same Friday said accident occurred, Ben had a bug or food poisoning (from one of my delicious dinners) and was violently ill. Good weekend.

We STILL have not officially closed on our condo in SLC. It has been one complication after another and I'm just trying to go with the flow. I'm starting to pack up boxes this week because we close on our house here on Friday and are supposed to start moving the next day. SO crazy. I feel like I just finished unpacking and now we are starting over. I've been doing some research online and going to stores to get some decorating ideas. The one thing I was positive about wanting to change about the new house was the sky blue living room and kitchen. But now after hearing Ben complain about how much work it will be to paint the really high ceilings...I'm trying to adjust my thinking. It is certainly not a color I would have picked but I think leaving it might push us in a new fun direction. We shall see.
The girls are doing excellent. They just turned 8 months old and are ALMOST crawling. They are scooting, pivoting, turning, rolling, planking...but don't quite have the coordination down yet. Their new favorite game is sitting next to each other and insistently trying to grab the binky out of each others mouths. This results in looks of bewilderment and then dramatic crying but it sure is cute. Recently we have been exploring in Denver,went to their first birthday party, and last night Rosie and Evie went swimming for the first time! They loved it. They are definitely water babies. It was quite the ordeal getting them suited up and de-suited in a crowded locker room but they looked so adorable it was worth it.

65 degrees today! Anxiety driven blogging over. On our way out to the park!



6 comments:

  1. Alli, I just have to say that you are HOT! :-) And I love love love those girls...and I've never met them!! They are so stinkin adorable! Miss you tons but glad to see you are doing so well! good luck with housing things and closing. One great website that I love is ucreatecrafts.com. They have great decorating ideas that you can do yourself! ;-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute swimming suits! I'm glad they loved swimming. We took Jaden for the first time over the weekend and he loved it too! So much fun!

    You cut your hair! I love your bangs! It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! So sorry about your accident. I had no idea you've been in that many accidents before! I'll come be your driver--I love to drive! :) Good luck with closing and moving this weekend. We close TODAY and move Saturday as well. I am hoping to get Cam's room re-painted from light green to blue tomorrow and Friday before we move-in. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girls are sure growing (and so is their hair). You are all so cute in your swimming suits! Blogging/journal writing is good therapy so keep it up when you have time. Can't wait to see your new house in another week or so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to see and hear an update. The girls just keep getting cuter and growing so fast! Mia's still in that "almost crawling" phase as well. We're heading to SLC for two weeks at the end of this month. PLEASE say that you are planning a trip there around then as well! :)

    Hugs!
    Darcie and Mia

    ReplyDelete