Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Moving Day


The night we closed on our house we picked up take-out and had a picnic on our empty living room floor. We had lots of help moving the big stuff but I still have about a million bins to unpack and organize. It still feels weird to have so much more space and different rooms for different things. It's wonderful having a yard for Clover, a play room for the girls, and pulling into a garage instead of fighting for parking at the apartment. My dear in-laws came into town and had their own place to sleep! Feeling pretty lucky. But I will say that trying to vacuum this place almost killed me. Little parts of me will miss our cozy apartment but heaven knows I could use a few more trips up and down the stairs.


7 comments:

  1. Moving is never fun but in this instance the end result will make it all worth it. I'm trying to imagine what that would be like with a yard, and extra space for visiters. I guess I better just come and see for myselt one of these days. :) HUGS!! and call me soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of your girls taking naps in their highchairs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on moving into your new home. PS: I can't remember if I mentioned before, but you look amazing with bangs! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on ANOTHER big move!!! :) So excited for you and Ben and the girls. Zeus and I dread the thought of having to move if he looses his job at the end of the school year. The districts down here are cutting and cutting and cutting some more on the positions within their districts. Scary times! You guys look so great!!! Hope you head to UT for conference weekend - if so, we need to hook up! :)

    Hugs!
    Darcie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you guys...incredibly jealous, but so happy! :-) By the way, Rich has applied to a job in CO (I'm not sure where though...) but we will see! It would sure be nice to be somewhat near friends! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so exciting that you moved into your new home! I hope you are loving it! Looks like you had a fun visit from the grandparents! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Allie! Looks like you found a great home for your cute little family. I can't wait till we can start settling and considering a home. Someday...someday. Our one-bedroom apartment is tricky with a baby--but when ever i get frustrated then i think about my sister-in-law living in a studio apartment with a newborn. For now I will live vicariously through my friends. Enjoy the home! PS: I still can't get over how cute you are with bangs! Love it!

    ReplyDelete