Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Beginning

It's been an exciting week. We attended our new ward on Sunday and it seems wonderful and extremely friendly, some new furniture arrived early this morning to help us fill these empty rooms, and Evie figured out how to crawl! Rosie is still scooting every where and seems determined to ignore every toy in the house and go straight for every outlet or cord, the fireplace, the stairs, or anything she can destroy. Evie had a couple weeks to think about it but has decided to keep up with her sister and is enjoying her mobility with a more true crawl(albeit a little clumsy). She is still more content just hanging out and not so bent on making me crazy. This new phase is much harder for me! Don't get me wrong, I love that they have learned something new but all our routines have totally changed and I find myself much more tired at the end of the day.

Every twin mom that I'm friends with or meet out and about has said- "Don't worry, it gets easier". Hearing that has made me feel pretty good because so far I haven't thought taking care of twins was very hard at all. And it's going to get easier?...well, then wahoo! My girls have always been great sleepers, great eaters, and not overly fussy and so being their mom has been pretty delightful. I've been lucky. We have some bad days here and there but most of the time we spend lovely, lazy days at home playing or going out and seeing friends, meeting up for moms group, going to the park, running errands, etc. I love being a stay at home mom and am so grateful I am able to do so. All of a sudden however I am realizing how relatively easy and content my babies were as infants and that this statement probably won't ring true for me. They weigh about a thousand pounds in their car seats and I am having muscle spasms in my back from carrying them everywhere, they seem to be sleeping less and less and eating more and more, screaming in restaurants, demand a cheerio every other second, and are constantly trying to clobber one another or grab a fistful of their sisters hair. Right about now I'm feeling like it is going to get a whole lot harder before it gets any easier...but also more exciting and fun--- I just have a lot to learn. So let it begin. (and my apologies for thinking I had this mommy thing down).

5 comments:

  1. Wait, what?! Life with twins is getting hard?! :) You really did luck out with great, easy-going, mellow babies. That definitely helps make motherhood seem a little more "rosy". Love my boys to pieces, but neither of them have been "easy" in any regard (probably not too surprising since they came from me!). It definitely gets a little more challenging and hectic when they become mobile and start getting into EVERYTHING. Can't take your eyes off of them for a second or next thing you know, they are splashing in the toilet (yep, Logan loves the toilet...BARF!)

    I MISS YOU GUYS!!! I wish we were having playdates and going to lunch and to the park and watching Lifetime movies while the kids fend for themselves. And lucky you, new furniture. So jealous! I am going to make it out there this summer if it's the last thing I do so I hope you're getting my room ready! :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double cuteness!!! I LOVE Evie's outfit - Mia has that same one and it's one of my favorites. She's about to grow out of it and I'm so sad to think of packing it up. Man, that mobility thing is a double edged sword, isn't it? Now that Mia's mobile, I feel like I'm always on high alert. She is a chord freak as well and can spot them from a mile away and always be-lines for them at breakneck speed and with such deliberateness! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evie's figured it out! They are getting so good at crawling. And of course, Rosie doesn't want the toys--the cords and outlets are much more interesting! Hang in there--you are doing great and soon (if not already) you'll need a baby gate for those stairs.

    ReplyDelete