Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Falling into place

Last week was stressful. I tend to overreact and overstress and shut down. I don't know why I do it because experience has taught me that everything always works out and falls into place but I will continue to do it for the rest of my life I'm sure. Sorry Ben. After Lily passed away I was sad and overwhelmed about trying to get back again to SLC so soon and not wanting to go through all the motions but so wanting to be there. My sweet husband turned off the SUPERBOWL of all things, loaded me and the girls in the car in our pajamas, and we drove around for an hour and a half listening to Harry Potter.
My cute, cute little sis flew in Wednesday morning and we drove back together because Ben was stuck under a heavy deadline at work. It was so good to just have 8 hours to talk. I wish it was laying out at the pool like the old days but driving across hideous windy Wyoming will have to do.
Thursday was perfect. I forget how healing and wonderful funerals can be. Saw many dear friends and felt so thankful to be with family and to know what we know. Lily IS in heaven with Charlotte watching over us. Inspired by my older sister and her husband again and again. AMAZING.
Friday. Bangs. This is the most drastic thing I have done with my hair for um....10 years? I have pretty much had it exactly the same since my days of monthly bathroom box jobs in effort to defuse teenage angst (thank you Herbal Essences). It is a little reminiscent of an umbrella but a change was in order and I'm liking it.
Valentines Day: The celebration started Saturday with the serendipitous occasion of being in town for the Jane Austen Regency Romance Ball. That's right. My whole family was in attendance and we went all out. It was really fun to get all dressed up and do my moms hair and dance together. Ben and I have never been to a dance before having met after college so it was really fun to have that experience with him. It felt like high school (minus the trashy music and slimy boys). No one could believe that Ben agreed to go but he didn't complain once and actually really enjoyed it. Ben also brought me home a card and flowers on Monday, took me out for sushi which is my favorite, and then out to a Broadway show in Denver last night. The show was unfortunately a little risque for our taste (and I was in a decidedly bad mood) but the music was good and we loved being downtown. Ben is always a fabulous Valentine.

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your new "do"! So cute, and how brave are you? I too have had the same hair style for years now and doubt it will change anytime soon. And how cute are you and the fam all dressed up?! Glad you guys had a good time. Little disappointed that Ben isn't wearing a top hat but beggars can't be choosers, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bangs! I love that Ben is SO good to you! I loved seeing you (even though it was for a sad occasion) I love that your whole family dressed up! Amazing!!! Can't wait to get to Denver!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Valentine absolutely made my day. I teared thinking how blessed I am to have such a sweet and thoughtful friend who mails out Valentine's even with all else that was going on for you. Thank you for being so sweet and being my friend. I love the pictures on your post. Those Enslins never fail to make memories together. ADORABLE! I'm also want to kiss the new header pic of the girls. So beautiful and perfect like their mother. I need to see you soon!!!! HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hair. Super Sexy. And I love that you all went to the Jane Austen Ball. You all look like you are straight out of an Austen novel. Totally love it. I also love the new springy picture of the girls. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! you constantly amaze me at what you get Ben to do. You all look so elegant and pretigious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some bang-up bangs!! so chic! Glad the trip was good and the stress is gone. You and Ben are so cute. And the twins are just growing up so fast. What a sweet family you have!

    ReplyDelete