Monday, February 7, 2011

Dear Lily,

Thank you for coming. Thank you for staying. Thank you for bringing peace and perspective. Thank you for teaching and inspiring and listening. Thank you for those quiet, sweet moments holding you that I will never forget. Thank you for letting us love you for a few months before you had to go. We will be missing you and remembering you until we get to see you again. In the meantime, pass on a huge hug to your big sister and snuggle that big brown pooch that will surely never leave your side.
Love, Love, Love you Lily Pie.
http://booferd.blogspot.com/


7 comments:

  1. What a sweet post dedicated to Lily. I'm so grateful for the knowledge that we will see our loved ones again. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your sweet Lily. I just spent about two hours reading your sister's blog. What incredible faith she has. Hoping that you and your family will continue to be filled with peace. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you made me cry! We just watched My Sister's Keeper this weekend and my emotions are still on the surface. I've been hugging and kissing my little one way more recently, so grateful to have her. You are amazing Allison, and I admire your faith! What a blessing that Lily is with her sister and her Heavenly Father and watching over your family. How blessed are you that Heavenly Father sent her to your lives, even for such a short moment? So grateful we know we get to return to our loved ones someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure made me cry. My thoughts are with you and your sisters family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cried and cried while reading Erin's blog. I think I've checked it daily for the past week. I am so sorry for your heartache, but very happy that your family has been blessed with sweet Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so saddened to read of darling Lily's passing, Allison. Thinking of you and your sweet family at this time. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you and your family and extended family as you remember the joy and morn the loss of sweet little Lily.

    ReplyDelete