Monday, December 20, 2010

Sayonara


Goodbye. I won't miss you. Using this little devil is the only time I'm actually a little embarrassed to be with myself.

My baby girls will be 6 months old on Christmas Day and I'm just a couple days away from being completely done breastfeeding. I told myself I was quitting before my in-laws came to stay in September. Then I said I would absolutely be done by Thanksgiving but I couldn't do it. Now I'm finally wrapping up. I will miss some of those sweet early morning feedings and the few precious moments I found breastfeeding amidst many hectic ones. I'm glad I stuck with it and even though I feel very ready to quit and believe my girls have had enough of it as well...I'm still a little sad knowing its over.


I know 6 months is not much compared to so many super moms out there-- but I feel pretty darn proud of myself. For Christmas I'm giving myself the freedom to quit guilt-free. And expecting a present from my husband for my valiant effort. Hope you're reading Benjamin...

3 comments:

  1. Guilt Free for sure!! I honestly don't think I could do the pumping regime for two that you have kept up with for 6 months!! WOW - AWESOME!

    I got your cute card. Thanks so much!! I wish I could see you and the girlies. I swear if we don't get together sometime soon I'll come visit you in the spring!!! Love all you girls....oh and Ben too I guess as long as he gets you an AWESOME present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo!! That really is awesome. You beat me with both my kids and you had double duty! Very impressive. Ben owes you BIG time--at least the equivalent of 6 months worth of formula for twins! :) That would be a sweet present. Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in absolute awe that you made it so long. I only lasted one month before I was almost ccompletely bonkers. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete