Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December Already


December first... really?? Looks like I only blogged ONCE in November. Pretty ridiculous. We spent another week in SLC for Thanksgiving and that always throws my blogging off. Every other time I attempted to write I would just end up catching up on other people's blogs until Rosie or Evie called for my attention. So here I am.

Thanksgiving was fabulous. I love the food (especially sweet potatoes)and the Christmas music playing in the kitchen, and the Friday shopping and movie going and just general good family time. We were worried about not being able to make it through Wyoming with the "giant blizzard" that was coming so we ended up leaving early and getting to be in town for a whole week.

Baby Lily came home from the hospital and was able to be home for Thanksgiving which was wonderful. She is so tiny and dear and peaceful. Evelyn and Rosemary had a Thanksgiving feast all of their own. Rice cereal! We are still learning but I think they really like it!




Besides the meal and time spent with family and friends, the highlight for me was most definitely seeing the new Harry Potter. SO good. For some reason Rosie and Evie were quite cranky the entire week (little miss evie especially...teething????) and when you are trying to take care of two fussy babies with an audience of a big family who are trying to watch something or have an audible conversation-- it can get a little stressful.

It was so nice to go baby-free (5 months old-- 2nd outing ever) to such a magical movie and my heart sank a little bit as we left the dark theater and I was back in my own life. Ben and I watched movies 1-6 the week before and seeing the last one sent me into a 24 hour obsession of wishing I was Hermione Granger. I know, I know...but I couldn't help it. I just couldn't get it out of my head! I would love to be smart and skinny and ride the Hogwarts Express and hang out with Ron and Harry all day. Ben and I had a good two hour discussion about it on our drive home and he convinced me that not only would I stink at being Hermione because I would cry all the time and be too scared to fight Voldemort but that the life I have already is pretty darn good and full of its own adventures.

We are back in Colorado which comes with mixed feelings. It has been a lot easier being away with so many frequent trips and another right around the corner for Christmas. Going out of town with all the packing, driving, and family scrambling has also made me appreciate my quieter life here in our little apartment. Everything in its place and back on our normal schedule. Speaking of which, I need to get to cleaning and pulling fabric leaves off the windows and putting away Thanksgiving to make way for Christmas! I'm a few days behind already...

8 comments:

  1. I love when you update your blog! Those babies... Ugh too cute! When you're here for Christmas let me watch them while you and Ben go out! Deal? Deal! Crazy about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH!! The girls are growing up and SOOO DARN CUTE!! Wow. I love those big smiles. So beautiful!

    Well I totally hear you about Hermoine. She is easily the strongest, most put together of the heroic trio. I love her too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the family photo! I miss all of you. We HAVE to get together over Christmas. I need to meet your sweet babies before they're babies no more. I loved HP7. So intense, but awesome. And any girl who doesn't want to be Hermione, is out of her mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love those girls (and you too of course!)and it was so nice seeing you when you were in town. I am glad you got to go to HP7 sans children. Yay! Can't wait to see you again in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those girls are adorable! I wish I could get together with you girls in Utah sometime! I know what it is like though to always be depending on the next time to be with family. I don't know what I am going to do after Christmas with no plans of seeing anyone for a while! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, don't let Ben squash your 24-hour fantasies of being a fictional character. I do it basically every time I finish a good book. It's fun and good for your mental health to take a little break from reality. :) Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your family! Kind of sad that Dotty isn't in that picture though....

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and Ben crack me up! I just want Hermione's magical purse! How cool would that be? Especially now that wherever I go I usually end up bringing two bags--one for me and one for Liam. The girls' personalities are really starting to shine through!

    I love your stories. You've inspired me to be better about blogging. Hopefully we will be getting a faster internet connection soon so I won't have to wait to be at my parents' house to blog.

    ReplyDelete