Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Photo Shoot







I was giving the girls a bath this morning and they were being SOOO cute and smiley and laughing their heads off at me singing Christmas songs to them. So when I put them down for their morning nap I started concocting a plan for a beautiful Christmas photo shoot. Grandma sent darling dresses in the mail. Perfect. I threw a sheet over the couch in the nursery and got out an extra string of Christmas lights, a Christmasy blanket, berries, and all kinds of props that I thought might be cute and entertaining for Evie and Rosie. I was so excited for them to wake up so I could dress them up and start taking some amazing pictures. No professionals needed.

Complete disaster. 30 minutes and a zillion pictures later and not one smile. Not one. I was making all kinds of crazy noises, dangling lights, shaking berries, singing jingle bells, and they mostly just stared at me or screamed in protest or terror. I was totally frustrated and the girls hated it. They dropped off to sleep almost instantly when I stopped clicking away. Exhausted.

Christmas Lesson Learned: Trying too hard and stressing yourself and everyone around you out is a recipe for disappointment. Everything about Christmas is better when you enjoy all the little moments that just happen on their own.

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand!! I've done that exact thing so many times and it has NEVER worked out. Especially if I'm trying to capture the "loving siblings" together. Still they are so fun to have those pictures and will be fun to look back on too. LOVES and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! They are darling even without smiles! It's true though, as soon as you plan something like that, or even think of it, it will automatically be a disaster! Unfortunately, it doesn't even get better as they get older! :-) Love you though! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete