Monday, April 25, 2011

TWO new rooms

I have been meaning to post a few pics of our house for awhile but I've always had a reason to wait. Well, now that we have some furniture and Ben painted the cabinets while I was away, I thought I would start with my favorite two rooms.
Kitchen: I love white cabinets! Ben worked his tail off and painted around the clock to get this all done before we got back from SLC. He did an amazing job and I love them. They really brighten up the kitchen.

BEFORE:

Of course the only photo of the kitchen on my camera was taken soon after we moved in and everything is a mess...oh well. Makes the comparison shot better. :)

AFTER:






Living Room: Remember how I hated the blue? Well it has really grown on me. This house has a million built in shelves and I still need to find stuff to fill them. Planning on photos and cool vintage prints in those frames over the TV...or books when I get the rest of the bins unpacked. Love all the light in this room.

BEFORE: Shot taken from the old owners.


AFTER:


Slaved over these tiles to go over the fireplace...thought it was going to be a really simple, fast project but I had a lot of snafus along the way. The wall over the fireplace is huge and I wanted some sort of art to fill it...but it had to be cheap. They didn't turn out exactly how I wanted and look pretty homemade but I still like them.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you finally posted some inside pics of the house, and it is beautiful! I love your new furniture. Very cute. And Ben did an excellent job on the cabinets! Can't wait to see it all (and you guys) in person soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tiles turned out really great! I love the white cabinets (hardware looks nice too)--way to go Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tiles look awesome. Everything looks awesome, in fact. And I love the Easter post. Ben is such a good sport--bunny ears and all. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On Easter we took the girls to church, got there late, had to sit on front row, spilled candy beads all over the floor, dealt with Ava's super sonic scream, got clocked in the head with Ava's head, ground soggy cheerios into the pew, let Ella dance around in the aisle once it had gone over five minutes, and then we left. For the day. It was very spiritual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The house looks gorgeous! Good job! The white cabinets make such a huge difference in the kitchen. I can't wait to come visit. Missing you so so much.

    ReplyDelete