Thursday, April 7, 2011

Take me back...

Oh how I love Conference Weekend. It's so lazy and lovely and comes at the perfect times right at the start of Spring and Fall. My mom and I wish it came around 4 times a year rather than just 2.
We played at one of my moms groups on Friday during the day and then went to a park that night and ate sandwiches by a lake. We stretched out on a blanket and I pretended I was at the beach. bliss. Saturday morning we reminisced about how it used to be close to impossible to get out of bed on time for Saturday morning session starting at 10AM! Now the day starts at six thirty and we had time to watch an entire movie while eating breakfast before nine. Then we all laid on the floor and listened to daddy play twinkle twinkle and Somewhere Over the Rainbow on his guitar. The girls were mesmerized. In between sessions we ran to Home Depot and picked out hardware for our kitchen cabinets that Benny is going to paint while I'm in SLC next week. (super excited...for Salt Lake and the cabinets!). That evening we went out to dinner together at Old Chicago and then I met up with a bunch of ladies at another park and hung out during priesthood session. It was 81 degrees that day and cooled off to the perfect temperature. Sunday was another great day. We watched both sessions and then had some friends over for dinner. I went to bed that night with a journal full of notes, feeling so happy and inspired and ready to take on the week with lots of new goals.
Monday through Wednesday went pretty good and I tackled every day and got a lot done. Now it's Thursday and I'm feeling less than inspired. It's just one of those days that I'm having a hard time getting going which normally would be ok but not when there is so much to do. I've been wandering around doing less important things like refolding dishtowels in the dishtowel drawer (and blogging) to avoid the real chores. I need to get my house cleaned and all of our stuff packed up for our trip to Salt Lake and that is going to require the laundry to be done which I'm just not in the mood for. I'm so excited for the trip because it feels way overdo but I can't get motivated to get us ready. And I have two tiny girls that crawl after me crying when I try to leave the room to get stuff done which is pretty cute but definitely slowly me down. So why bother?? I hate leaving those perfect weekends and entering the reality of the week. I need to go reread some of my notes.

Take me back to Conference Weekend.



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the picture of the girls listening to Ben play guitar. So, so precious. I'm so excited to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look darling out to dinner Allison! Love your sweet girls listening to their daddy play his guitar for them, so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute pictures!! I love the one of the girls watching their daddy play the guitar! So cute!! Conference is great, isn't it! I'm in favor of having it 4 times a year too!

    I am going to send you a longer e-mail soon! I have some mommy questions for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben has his own audience--something he always loves! And what big girls to sit up to the table at Old Chicago--so grown up! love the pictures--keep blogging! (guess the laundry needs to get done as well--but I love your blog!)

    ReplyDelete