Friday, August 27, 2010

lazy days





So I feel like I haven't posted anything forever and the main reason is that my camera is broken and had to be sent away to be fixed. It has been terrible. Everyday there is probably two dozen times where I am dying to take a picture but can't. I get this awful anxiety feeling that I am not capturing this darling time in their lives. (you know..them staring up at me or at each other AGAIN, or doing that really cute face when they cry AGAIN, or laying in their cribs sleeping AGAIN). I am sure I will survive with the crappy camera on my phone and a video camera for now.. but it's still frustrating.

We haven't been up to much since our wonderful beach trip. Ben got really sick with a sore throat/head cold type thing and it slowly trickled onto me and the babies. It made for a hard week where everyone felt overtired and extra fussy. It made Rosie (whom I affectionately call Dragon Baby) even more dragon-like and Evie (who her pediatrician calls Puddin-pie) even less puddin-like and more of a little monster. But we survived and everyone has returned to their sweet normal selves and I am very happy.

In my down time the last couple weeks I have done some really lame things such as finish the first season of Laguna Beach. Did you ever see that show?? Well its awful. Absolutely NO redeeming qualities. Terrible acting, completely unlikeable characters, ridiculous premise, etc etc. BUT I finished all The Office Episodes available to stream on Netflicks and there aren't a lot of good options. And once in a while, watching a 20 min episode about filthy rich and stupid teenage girls was a nice minibreak from being a mama-cow sitting on the couch most of the day.

We also had a lovely visit from my sister in-law and her darling family a couple of weeks ago. They were on their way home from a cross-country road-trip from Connecticut to Idaho with their four small children (WOW) and stopped in for a night. SO fun to have our girls meet their cousins and see how some of those Meakin good-looks have been passed on. I wish all families could live in the same little neighborhood and that nobody would ever have to move away. But then I guess visits wouldn't be so special...

Speaking of special visits... we are looking forward to a little trip up to Estes Park this weekend, a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Enslin next week, going to SLC to visit and bless these girls over Labor Day, and then having Grandma and Grandpa Meakin come back to CO with us for a bit. Busy, busy.

Progress, Progress: Evie and Rosie are truly wonderful sleepers. Last night they went to bed around eleven and slept till 5am! They did a long six hour stretch once before (August 16th to be exact) but usually get up around 3am and then again at 6am. Still pretty darn good for 9wks. The girls have started smiling real smiles!! They are also making more noises besides crying. They will sit and stare up at me and make the most darling little coos. I love, love, love them.

3 comments:

  1. I love to hear how you are doing! I wish we could be closer so I could see how amazing you are with those girls!! They are two lucky girls!! Miss you tons!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are so beautiful! I love the picture of all of you on the floor together. Sorry about the camera. I had the same thing happen and had the same anxious feelings about those missed moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about the picture taking. I take so many when they are babies like that because you know it will go by so fast. I so wish I could be at the blessing tomorrow and tried to make some changes in plans but it didn't work out. I know it will be a special day. Ask someone to take notes during the blessing so you have something to remember the basics. Or if you read this after the fact take a minute and write down what you remember. Love you!

    ReplyDelete