Monday, August 16, 2010

Adventure






Although we got many looks and comments about how we are insane to take 7 week old babies so far from home ON AN AIRPLANE, TO THE BEACH, and to DISNEYLAND...we did it. I was nervous that the whole thing would be crazy and end up being miserable and not worth the money or effort but it was fantastic. We loved seeing the family, hanging out and taking pics with cousins Ella and Ava, and just being out of the house and doing something different for a couple days. I must say, it made coming back home to the familiar couch where I feed and pump ALL DAY LONG a little depressing...but I am feeling better this morning. :) Rosie and Evie were a little fussy on the beach the first day and their very protective dad wouldn't allow much more of that but it was great going on walks on the boardwalk carrying the girls in a sling and baby bjorn.

We were not planning on going to DisneyLand but because of my sisters obsession we were talked into it and it was so, so great. We took the girls on the Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Small World, and Storybook Land. Ben and I were also able to go on Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain while grandparents and aunt and uncles watched the babies. It is just so much fun being there even if you are sitting on a bench feeding a baby. After the sun went down Rosie and Evie loved riding in their stroller looking at the lights and taking it all in. AND let it be known that DisneyLand has the worlds nicest baby center. There is this amazing little building run by darling little old ladies where you can change your baby, breast feed your baby, or put your baby in a highchair and feed them. It even has a pumping room and little tiny toilets for kids at that stage. I was nervous about going to D-Land and having to lock myself in a bathroom stall several times during the day to pump (my favorite thing) but was very pleasantly surprised. Disneyland IS the happiest place on earth.

The whole trip was awesome and the girls LOVED it. How many 7 week olds can say they have flown on an airplane, laid on the beach, and met Mickey Mouse?? Not many. Very lucky girls.

6 comments:

  1. What a fun trip!!! Love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks like a blast. Go super mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are incredible! It looks like being crazy:) paid off and you had a wonderful time. The girls are so darling- I love the shot of them lying on the beach. We are headed to SLC in a few weeks and I am already wondering how Isaac is going to handle it. He'll be about the same age as the girls so you give me hope that it won't be torturous on the plane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous you got to go to Disneyland. It is seriously one of my favorite places. And only you could pull off 7 week old twins at Disney. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mommy Girl. I miss you very much! Come home soon with those babies! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris and I just got back from a week of vegging at Daytona Beach. We had a wonderful and relaxing time but I can't imagine doing it with 7 week old twins! Glad you guys had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete