Saturday, October 27, 2012

Cedar and Zion

We left Thursday to drive 10 hours to Cedar City to meet my family at the Shakespeare Festival. The girls were unbelievable in the car. In fact we didn't even resort to pulling out the TV's at all on the drive down. I was pretty impressed.
It was so fun to see my family even for a quick 24 hours. We saw Les Mis on Friday Night and a play called Stones in His Pockets on Saturday afternoon. They were both awesome. They have a darling little day care right next door and the girls had such a blast staying up late and not napping so they could play with their cousins.


 Because it was such a long drive for us we decided to head to St. George for a couple of days. We had such a great time hiking in Zion. I grew up driving down there multiple times a year to visit my aunt and uncle and it was so good to be back. We did a bunch of shorter hikes that I remember doing as a kid and it brought back a lot of good memories. We hiked the Riverside Trail, Weeping Rock, Lower and Upper Emerald Pools, and Canyon Overlook. I was blown away by how beautiful it is there and how I possibly took it for granted as a kid. Lots of scenery shots. We ate lunch at the lodge and perused the gift shop with all the familiar Native American dolls and hematite and rose quartz jewelry.
Rosie and Evie were excellent hikers. Pinching our ears, singing songs, and taking naps on our backs. Super cute. The girls LOVED driving through all the tunnels on I-70 and especially the one in the Park to get to the Canyon Overlook Trail. They yelled "weeeeeeee" all the way through and chanted "again! again!" as soon as we were out. Great trip.




























1 comment:

  1. wow,gorgeous mountains! sounds like a great fall time trip.

    ReplyDelete