Thursday, November 1, 2012

Quick Update





My parents stopped in for a night on the way home from Winter Quarters in Omaha. These two little bugs sure love seeing their Grandma and Grandpa.

Went in for a baseline ultrasound this week and so far everything looks good. I had 14 follicles and my lining was at 6mm. I think I had a lot more last time but I'm focusing on quality over quantity. Started the major stimulation drugs last night. Here we go. Doing acupuncture twice this week and eating avocados and nuts and a hearty beef stew I made to help fortify my blood. All my acupuncturists recommendations...so the validity may be debatable but I'm willing to try anything that helps me feel like I have some control over the process. My wonderful friend Linda sent me am IVF care package full of the most thoughtful things to help along the way. I feel very lucky to have the support from family and friends and especially from someone who knows exactly how involved and difficult this is. Amazing gal.


Howie, the dog I watch a couple days a week showed up today with a tiny English bull dog little brother. His name is Spike. He sure is cute and my girls and Clover are loving playing with a puppy...but I'm not so sure I'm up for watching one. We'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pictures of the girls with your parents-so adorable. Miss you and love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are those girls? And your parents?! And Ben wearing the balloon hat! Loved it all! And watching a puppy?! Yikes! But if you want I'll come drop off ALL of our pups...... You're welcome in advance! Good luck beefing up your lining! Haha heart you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are routing for your health and success! glad to hear you have a friend who knows what you are going through to have more children.

    ReplyDelete