Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Deep Breath



















We've been hanging out a lot at the pumpkin patch near our home. The girls are crazy for the bouncy houses and farm animals and it guarantees an excellent afternoon nap. An afternoon nap that I swear I spend most of on the phone dealing with fertility issues. My doctor, Ben's doctor, the lab, the IVF clinic, the insurance company. I have a lot of anxiety over the whole process (all the appointments and tests, the shots, the $,  inconveniencing people, feeling crumby, crazy, and gaining weight, and of course whether or not we are successful) but forgot how much hassle is involved in just being on the phone and getting everything set up and worked out. I'm trying not to over stress or over think. I lay awake in the middle of the night getting worked up over everything. The hopeful outcome is so exciting and so worth it but the journey there is extremely emotional, stressful, and draining in every way. Some days I feel so burnt out on these gorgeous, hilarious, maniac girls that I don't know why we are even getting back on this roller coaster. But ultimately it's what I want more than anything.

 I've been on birth control pills for the last couple weeks and they have made me feel nuts enough but now the real crazies are on their way. Preemptive apologies to Ben. This box of torture showed up on our doorstop yesterday and now it FINALLY feels real. I've been thinking of, worrying about, planning for, and putting this off for months and months but now it's here. Injections start Monday. Here goes nothing...

7 comments:

  1. oh wow that is a lot of stuff to process. Thank you for sharing. It will be worth it - just like your sweet girls are worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BABY IN A BOX KIT!! Yay!!! I can't believe you start shots on Monday! Wow! That is so exciting and crazy!! I am here for ya!! Sending lots of love and hugs your way! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one of the bravest women I know. IVF takes a lot of courage!
    And on another note: I love your halloweened-out blog! And It was SO good to talk to you this week. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I simply love you! Remember when Meags and I visited last October? I think it's time for another visit. Miss you and love you much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! I'm excited for you but know it's a difficult process, but worth it! Love the Halloween photos of the girls--their hair is getting so long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck!! That must be so hard and I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete