Saturday, September 1, 2012

Elder Meakin

Ben's little brother Steven got home from his mission to Provo, UT a little over two weeks ago. He only got to spend a few short days in Maryland and then it was time to get packed up and hit the road. Ben's dad and Steven drove across country back to Provo for Steven to start school and we were lucky enough to be a pit stop on the way and to have many more members of the family join us. Ben's mom and older brother Craig flew in, Cindy, Chris and Sadie came down from Greeley, and Daniel and Becca surprised everyone and drove up from Salt Lake.








We had a house overflowing with Meakins and it was a fun few days to have everyone (minus Teresa and family) together. We went to Boondocks and ate at Cheesecake factory in Boulder, had a weenie roast, went to the zoo, and played games. Rosie and Evie adored having so much company and followed their aunts around all over the house and called for their grandparents incessantly. 

The girls were only 2 months old when Steven left and it was so fun to see how much all three of them have grown up. Time sure does fly.
I have realized since moving to Colorado and having occasion to have company (actually quite frequently) that I'm not the hostess with the mostess or the laid back person I would love to think that I am. Having 8 extra bodies sleeping all over the house stressed me out a bit and definitely gave me a renewed sense of appreciation for my mom, my mother in law, and all moms that welcome their grown children into their homes for holidays, Sundays, and visits. I'm hoping I get better at it over time and a become a little less frazzled and a little more gracious.

3 comments:

  1. I am a terrible hostess. I love the idea of company but the reality of having other people live in your space is much more difficult, no matter how much you love them. Especially with crazy toddlers running around! I'm sure you are much more gracious than you realize. But moving away from family made me appreciate my grandparents so much more - all of the time spent cleaning pre and post visit, all of the extra money spent on food, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were a perfect hostess!! I'm pretty sure I would have ripped all my hair out if it had been my house. We are a crazy bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great photos! Many people can stress out anyone--you were a great hostess! (couldn't even tell you were stressed!) thanks for letting us all come--we had a great time!

    ReplyDelete