Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Time Out



Oh what a wonderful weekend I had. I went to Time Out For Women with some fabulous gals from my ward. It was exactly what I needed and I can't believe I had never gone before. Such awesome speakers and music. Virginia Pierce and Chris Williams both on Forgiveness were my favorites.

I had been feeling a little burnt out after a Thursday that I don't wish to remember. We had a horrendous episode in the bathtub that I won't recount but it required a lot of bleach and another bath to repair. Then that same afternoon while I was reading to both girls in the front room, Rosie snuck away and grabbed a red crayon from their easel tray. She colored everywhere she possibly could in the 5 minutes she was unobserved. It was actually quite impressive how fast she worked. There were red scribbles on the wood floor in the hall, on the bathroom door, on the toilet seat lid, on her mini potty, on the end table in the family room, on the wall behind the end table, and all over the arm of the white and gray chair. I was so frustrated when I saw what she had done and even more so as she led me around the house showing me more places and saying "no, no, no" while wagging her little finger at me. I screamed that it was nap time and for them to get their bums up stairs while I worked on the chair. They surprisingly went. When I came upstairs they were in their bedroom with the door shut lying on the floor in a pile of blankets. Evie had her eyes closed pretending to be asleep. Pretty darn cute.


All was forgiven until this happened after nap. No more red crayon on the walls, toilet, or chair...but this is a different story.  A little time out and some lessons on forgiveness did me some good this weekend.



4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! (our permanent markers are still "up high" in the cupboard where they've been for the past 32 years!) Glad you were able to go to Time out--such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little lady was seriously a tornado! I can't believe she covered so much ground. I would have been super frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I love you! Seriously! You are amazing. I had to just laugh at this.....I hope you are now too!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids are crazy. Connor did the same thing with a red crayon, only it was at my sister-in-law's house. I spent quite some time scrubbing it off walls. Good luck, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete