Friday, August 10, 2012

Little Olympians

Oh I love the Olympics. We've been watching them nonstop at our house. Ben and I stay up late every night eating otter pops and watching prime time, I watch the Today Show in London every morning through breakfast, and then tune in during the day whether at the gym or during the girls nap.  I keep wondering why my parents didn't set me on a path to become an Olympian (besides the fact that I have no talent) I find it exhausting just being a spectator. 

 I'm sad that they are coming to a close but almost a little relieved to be able to pull myself away from the screen. As far as TV goes, nothing could be more inspiring. 

 Eve and Rose have loved watching them too. Most of the events aren't aired till after their bedtime but they really liked synchronized diving and have become obsessed with jumping off the coffee table and the fire place ledge. Perfect 10s.

We did leave the house to go to the Boulder County Fair which was awesome. The girls loved all the animals except for the giant pigs that were making a big ruckus and throwing themselves up against their cages. Spooky.





The girls also love the Peter Pan splash park near our house. I need to get the sprinklers going in our backyard for them to play in before the hot weather slips away completely. Aw sweet summer.



















3 comments:

  1. I love their swim suits! Such cuties. I loved seeing you guys today. Thanks for coming to Sadie's party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video is so cute. What little champions. People love twins in the Olympics. You should totally get them into something. Doubles tennis partners, synchronized diving team, speed walkers...there are lots of options.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we loved the Olympics also--cute video and love the splash park photos!

    ReplyDelete