Friday, June 24, 2011

Picnic for Two


One of my favorite things in the world is a good picnic. Whether a backyard BBQ, roasting marshmallows up the canyon, or laying on a blanket in the park eating subs...there is something about eating outdoors that I absolutely love.

So when a girl in my ward offered to help people build mini picnic tables for their kids, I jumped right on it. I know my girls will be avid picnicers too. I'm not sure the gal really knew what she was getting into because I literally have zero wood working skills (and neither did the other moms who came)-- but we all helped each other and it worked out in the end. Everyone else was building a larger sized table for school aged kids but we found a separate plan for a toddler size table which I decided to do instead.

The building was a little tedious but not very hard and I really enjoyed painting it later. I did most the priming and painting late in the evenings after the girls were in bed. Ben was out of town on business all week and it was really nice to sit on the porch and listen to a little Brandi Carlile and Missy Higgins and do some painting. Therapeutic even.

Put the final coat on last night just in time for their birthday.



4 comments:

  1. You've got mad skills!! That is the cutest table in this world and I love the pic of those two cuties sitting at it. I can't wait to see you girls next month and YES I will be seeing you. What day around the 13th works best for you?? HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute!!! You DO have mad skills there Allison! :) You did a great gob girl. Uh, I didn't see on your blog as to where I could put in an order to you on one for Mia in that same bright fun color. Let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am crazy impressed. It's gorgeous! Penny would like one too! Get started!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful job--looks great! love the photo of Ben pushing the girls--they look so happy!

    ReplyDelete