Monday, June 27, 2011

Birthday Extravaganza



We had a lovely birthday weekend. Saturday ended up being a little more stressful than I had hoped. I thought I had everything pretty much taken care of for our birthday bbq...a million green and pink poms poms made to hang, all the food bought, birthday outfits picked out. I thought all we would really need to do Saturday is straighten up, frost the cake, and buy some balloons. Well, said cake ended up being a total mess and taking me like three hours to frost. A bunch of very late rsvp-ers caused slight panic and a run to buy folding chairs. My husbands sudden interest in a perfectly groomed lawn called for clippers and an edger. So instead of loving on our birthday girls all day-- I ended up crossing my fingers for extra long naps so everything could get done. They did have a candle in their morning oatmeal and happy birthday sung to them about dozen times.

When it was all said and done, the party ended up being wonderful. We had about 50 people because when I did my invites I wasn't counting everyone's kids and thought most people would probably be out of town. I was afraid it was going to be an absolute zoo but it really wasn't. People sat inside and out. Kids ran wild, played in the sandbox, and obsessed over Clover. I was much more relaxed than I had been the entire day and had a wonderful evening with my babies. The girls wowed the crowd by both snarfing down an entire cupcake and loved crawling on the grass with their friends. They got some lovely presents from people that didn't heed the request not to bring any. The cake wasn't very pretty but tasted delicious. Ben was a master at the grill and we had plenty of food. I was a little sad not to have any family around but we see them in a few short days.

It was lovely to sit outside and chat with neighbors and friends and just soak up some summer. Happy Birthday Rosie and Evie!! A perfect party for two perfect girls.














6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to the girls! I love the cake and that sandbox is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Beautiful Girls! Great party mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Rosie and Evie!!! Beautiful cake! I'm worried myself about late RSVP's and having enough of everything for Mia's party this weekend. Sounds like everything went wonderfully! Wish me luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a fun party!!! Wish I lived closer so I could be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! I am impressed that you have only lived there for a year and have 50 friends to invite...you little social butterfly!! Anyway, the girls are so cute! If your headed to Salt Lake sometime soon, I would love to meet up for a play date:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fifty people! wow, you are ambitious! glad all went well--the cake is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete