Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day









It has been reaffirmed to me again and again since having Rosie and Evie how very lucky I am to have ended up with my husband. He is such an incredible dad. He is rushes home from work every single day and jumps right into the evening routine.
The girls just gush when he walks in. When I'm overwhelmed with all that needs to be done, he always hugs me and tells me "it's a job for two." We have had a very busy year. One new job. Two new babies. Two big moves...one out of state away from all family and everyone we know. I've done a fair amount of sniveling but I've also learned a lot. It has honestly been one of the happiest and fullest years of my life and I owe that to my husband (and of course my babies). Ben's whole heart is with this family and he is the anchor. He is also the favorite--Evie's, Rosie's, and mine too.

And I couldn't post on Father's Day without a shout out to this little guy.



I'm a daddies girl at heart (which I think all daughters are). My dad is as good as it gets. The embodiment of a good time. Everyone loves my dad, including me. He is hilarious and generous and hard working. He isn't afraid of sitting with his wife and daughters and getting a pedicure.

My dad is a blast to be around but there's more. He has always been there for me when I needed him and one time in particular always sticks out in my head. When I started college at BYU I struggled trying to exist in my new college life and still be connected to the very different life I had in high school. I didn't feel like I really belonged in either place...not cool enough for my old high school friends who had moved on to a more exciting college scene and far from perfect enough to be amongst all the "saints" at BYU. I felt completely lost and didn't know who I wanted to be. I was too rotten to talk to my mom and too confused to really talk to my friends...so I talked to my dad. He never judged me or yelled at me or even told me what to do. He was just there. Through blessings and conversations by phone and by email my dad helped me feel normal again and get my feet back on the ground.
He's just a great dad. xoxox

2 comments:

  1. Looking at pictures of your girls never gets old! They are so stinkin cute!! Are they walking now? Looks like they are starting to tackle the stairs!

    Tell Ben Happy Father's Day from me! Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what great reflections on the "fathers" in your life! love the photos of the girls!

    ReplyDelete