Saturday, May 14, 2011

Play time

We head off to Disney World tomorrow for a Meakin Family Reunion. I am SOOO excited to go to the parks and spend time in sunny Orlando with family... but actually pretty terrified for the 4 hour flights and the long, hot days without scheduled naps.

I am a big schedule mom...much more than I ever thought I would be. My family sometimes gives me a hard time about it. I always admired how flexible my sister is with her kids and how they seem to do alright anywhere with bed time anytime and can literally just fall asleep on the carpet mid-crawl when they are ready to nap. My girls have never done that. They sleep in their cribs at nine and two EVERY day. I know part of it is because I have twins and survival is quite dependent on keeping the girls doing the same things at the same time but it's mostly because I'm a little anal.

So here's to being more flexible and we'll see how we do. I'm sure we will have a grand time no matter what. Off we go!





5 comments:

  1. That sounds SOOO fun!! Good luck. I am the same way about naps. Hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous right now! I swear everyone I know is off to Disney. We are hoping to go next year... And we just bought a bike trailer for the boys too! Only problem: Logan HATES it! Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have so much fun!!!!! Your girls just keep getting cuter and cuter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun at Disneyworld!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!! The girls are getting so big and are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously! Pink tutus! I want those babies of yours, just to dress them up and parade them around!

    ReplyDelete