Monday, October 4, 2010

Gratitude in Steamboat

We went to Steamboat Springs for Conference weekend and to celebrate our 3 year anniversary. It was just what I needed. I wouldn't say I am completely de-funked but it was a very good step in the right direction. We went to the exact same place and did almost the exact same things we did last year on this very same weekend. We ate breakfast at the darling Creekside Cafe where Ben loves their french toast sandwich, went hiking, went to the hot springs (this time we were brave and used a babysitting service), worked out, got ice cream (to cancel-out the exercise), enjoyed the beautiful autumn leaves, and watched Conference.

Last year, we were coming from SLC and it was in Steamboat that Ben had his first phone interview which eventually landed him the job at Qualcomm and brought us to Colorado. Last year, I laid in bed crying because I felt like we were never going to have a baby. A dear friend of mine had just miscarried her IVF twins and I was waiting and waiting to get the go ahead to start our next cycle. The whole process seemed so unfair and daunting and hopeless.

One year later exactly, what a different place we are in. How very lucky are we. President Monsons talk on gratitude was just what I needed to hear. "To live life with gratitude in your heart is to touch heaven."
Steamboat Springs October 2009


Streamboat Springs October 2010




5 comments:

  1. Allison,
    I am so glad that you found me!!! Congrats on being a mom, your girls are beautiful! I don't know how mom's of twins do it, babies are a lot of work! You look great girl! Take care and love those babies for me!!!

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie! You are adorable. I miss you so much and want to see those adorable babies in person. We need to catch up soon!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun. I love the picture that looks like your little girls are holding hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that first trip. Remember your pit stop in Vernal?? So much has happened this year! I love the pics of your beautiful babes and thanks for the call the other day. It really made my day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ali! I am so sad we missed Steamboat Springs with you guys! Next year! I can't wait for you to come out!! The girls are adorable! Love you!

    ReplyDelete