Friday, May 24, 2013

Family Reunion



We had an awesome trip to Tennessee and there are about a thousand pictures to show for it. The weather was perfect and the company better. We spent a day and a half in Dollywood which was a blast. It has the same good happy vibe as Disney but wasn't as crowded and has a lot more big roller coasters. I unfortunately couldn't ride any of them but Ben had a blast with his siblings and the girls loved all the kiddie rides, especially the mini roller coaster and the Rockin Roadway.






We went on 2 hikes in The Great Smokey Mountain National park which was gorgeous. I want to live somewhere with trees like this.



The resort we were at also had a really fun indoor water park with some great slides, a wave pool, and a bunch of kid areas that everyone loved.




The rest of the week we spent playing games, catching up, learning some Meakin family history, attending church, having dance parties, and eating lots and lots of food. It was a great time and I'm sad its over. The girls adored being with their grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins. I will never stop wishing I could live in the same city as all my wonderful family.



Now we are home and back to reality which for us this week has been potty training. I'm so glad we waited so long to try round 2 because the girls have done about a million times better and are definitely more ready. We are making progress every day and while certainly still a nuisance, it has been a low stress ordeal.
Evie has had some trouble at the park the last few days but other than that we have been dry and clean for almost 48 hours. It will be awhile yet before we go anywhere very confidently but I'm very proud of these two little big girls.

3 comments:

  1. What fun! Your girls are darling, and remind me that I should probably do Lily's hair more often as their hair looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! Loved all your pictures!! I'm glad to hear that things are going better with the potty training. I'll admit.... I am not looking forward to this milestone! You'll have to give me all your tips and tricks! ;) When do you find out what you are having? So excited for yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been on the computer for a while so didn't see this until today. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures! We all had a blast! Good luck with the potty training--sounds like the girls are doing well with it this go around.

    ReplyDelete