Monday, June 17, 2013

Spoiled

June is here and we are already to the point where summer starts slipping away too quickly. I keep wanting to start this post talking about last week...but in reality what I wanted to catch up on happened two weeks ago. Slow down glorious summer!
Two weeks ago I got to spend the week with not just my family but some of my other favorite people in the world. My parents came into town Monday-Thursday which was awesome and then I got to head up to Steamboat Springs with three of my fabulous BYU roomies for a girls weekend. Lucky, lucky spoiled girl.






 Happy, Happy Fathers Day to my wonderful dad and father in-law. I'm so lucky to have both these incredible men in my life. And of course to my sweetheart who is my everything and the best dad in the world. He is really, truly Prince Charming to Rosie and Evie. They are very much into Princesses right now and are a little confused on the story lines. I was reading the girls this book we have about Prince Eric giving Ariel a baby horse to take care of and on every page that Eric wasn't on, I would get interupted with questions about where Ariel's daddy was. At first I kept saying that King Triton must be swimming in the ocean somewhere because this silly book takes place after Ariel has already left her entire mer-family to become a human. But King Triton isn't who they were looking for.
Whether it is Cinderella dancing with her handsome prince at the ball or Pocahontas running the hidden pine trails of the forest with John Smith-- the dashing, hero in all the stories is always the daddy in Rosie and Evie's heads. I guess I can't blame them. I think we'll just let them continue to think that for as long as possible.


2 comments:

  1. Yay for a roommate reunion!! It made me happy to see a picture with you and Kristin in it! Love you guys so much!

    Your girls are adorable! As always!

    Love the firepit! Hope you had a great time with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to get together with friends and family. Love the photos of Ben with the girls--thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete