Friday, January 25, 2013

Birthday Boy

 This handsome fellow turned 29 this week. On his birthday we drove into Boulder to have a picnic lunch together and enjoy the beautiful 60 degree weather we have been enjoying this week. On the way home the girls fell asleep in the car and then wouldn't take a decent nap. That was the time I allotted to decorating the  carrot cake I made him but the afternoon ended up being crazy so I had to settle for a fast, sloppy job. Oh well-- it was delicious. We went out to dinner that night at the Bone Fish Grill while our wonderful friends the Gerbers babysat. We had planned on singing happy birthday and having cake after but by the time we got home it was almost 8 o'clock and the girls were going bananas. Ben and I had are own little private party but then decided to reenact it the next night so the girls could enjoy the celebration too. They love a good party.

I swear he gets better looking, more fit, sweeter, more accomplished and ambitious, and generally more incredible every year. I continue to get fatter and slowly lose more of my mind and attain more scars and flaws. It hardly seems fair but I'll count my lucky stars he's mine.







4 comments:

  1. So cute! The cake looks fantastic. Ben is great. But you are pretty darn great yourself. I'd say you two are equally matched :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks gorgeous and delicious! Happy Birthday Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love Bone Fish Grill! And the cake is very pretty. Love the girls looking at the cake--thanks for the photos. Ben is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I busted up laughing about the contrast in aging between men and women. In the last few months Brian has decided to eat a little less and as a result is really trimming up in the middle while I on the other hand have packed on belly fat. How splendid.

    ReplyDelete