Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Highlights of 2010

Need to catch up on lots but Ben has my pictures from the last couple weeks with him at work. So...I just read my sisters blog and she does a cute post every January reviewing the year past. I thought this was a good idea...especially because I started blogging in August.
January 2010: Spent the first two weeks touring Italy with my darling husband. So glad we did it. I was so thrilled to be pregnant and to be able to stop having horrible nightly shots.
February: All I remember was that I was in that icky chubby pregnant phase. And watching the Olympics.
March: Had our big ultrasound and found out we were having two GIRLS!!! Ben (hoping for a boy) asked at every subsequent appointment if they were both STILL girls but is now happier then ever that it turned out this way.
April: Flew to Colorado to check out the area on and then went to Vegas with the fam. Started having constant contractions.
May: Ben graduated from the U with a BS in Computer Science and Masters in Computer Engineering. Super baby Ava was born. Went into pre-term labor on May 16th, 28 weeks pregnant. Never went back to work which was hard because I adored my class this year. I was on "house rest" for the remainder of my pregnancy and Ben moved to Colorado at the end of the month.
June: Huge and pregnant. Ben coming back and forth on the weekends. Preeclampsia came on fast showing signs at 34 weeks on June 24th. Was very, very surprised and terrified to have to deliver the very next morning. Girls came and were so beautiful. 5 lbs and 5 lbs 1 oz. June 25th and the next few days in the hospital were some of the happiest days of my life.
July: NICU. Girls stayed in the newborn ICU for three weeks. Rosie came home July 14th and we spent our first night alone together- just us two. Finally, July 15th Ben flew in from Colorado, we picked up Evie from the hospital, and we were together as a family after what felt like forever. Four days later, we packed up the rest of our stuff, said our goodbyes, and moved out to Colorado.
August: started blogging. Newport and Disneyland-- so much fun.
September: Blessed the girls and had a visit from both grandparents. Rosie and Evie started smiling real smiles. Moving and motherhood caught up with me and I fell into a funk.
October: Celebrated our third anniversary in Steamboat Springs. First Halloween. Precious baby Lily was born. First laughs.
November: Girls rolling. started solids. Thanksgiving. Joined a gym.
December: Grandma M came for a visit, girls sleeping through the night, holiday fun and Christmas.

2010 was a fantastic year. We have been so blessed. I have such beautiful baby girls, a sweet helpful husband, wonderful parents and siblings, and great friends. I am so grateful for the Gospel in my life and the peace it gives me daily.
In 2011 I hope to:
Have more consistent family scripture study
Read and cook more
Try new things with my hair
Stop holding grudges and worrying so much
Lose the 10-15 lbs I'm STILL carrying around post-babies
Eat more veggies and keep going to the gym
Start a new hobby: maybe sewing??
Spend more time alone as a couple
Get to the temple more often
Treasure every day and phase my baby girls are in while they are so little and change so fast.
Cuddle and celebrate Rosie and Evie as individuals
Be kinder and more patient with my husband
Be happy and enjoy the little things
Make new friends and strive to make Colorado feel like home but continue to make lots of visits to SLC!






3 comments:

  1. What a great year you had! Your girls are adorable and you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love those sweet girls of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you and those baby girls!!! Come back soon! Very cute post. Love you!

    ReplyDelete