Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas Run-down

We had such a great time in Salt Lake for Christmas and as anticipated, now have too much to post. Here goes another list of highlights:
Christmas Eve: delivering what we affectionately call "bum bags" filled with tons of food, hats, gloves, chap-stick, a McDonald's gift card, ect to homeless people downtown. My favorite tradition. Only Jake, my mom, and Ben and I (with the babies) could go this year but it was one of the best years yet.
Christmas Day was perfect and we were all spoiled with lovely presents...Rosie and Evie especially with new high chairs, clothes, and toys. I just used my new Sonicare electric toothbrush this morning and made sweet potato baby food in my new blender. Fabulous.
Cozy Christmas Babies: Rosemary and Evelyn were wonderful and not nearly as fussy this trip. I loved being cozied up right next to them in the basement every night rather than relatively far away in their nursery. Very tender watching Rosie snuggle and squirm in her blankets and listening to Evie snore and sigh. Also not having to do night feedings or dreadful pumping made this trip that much better.
Exercise: Once. Went to Bikram Yoga with my sister and loved it...we were by far the reddest and sweatiest gals there. I haven't been for almost two years and may not be back for two more but it was a great way to start off the New Year. 90 minutes to just breathe. Spent every other day grazing in the kitchen eating an unreal amount of junk.
Friends: We only had time to see a few friends this visit but loved the time spent. Saw Liz and Tami from high school and my BYU roomie, Jen. Best girls out.
Temple: Baby Ava was sealed to my sisters family and it was so good to be there. Ben and I haven't been able to go for months and it was so nice to sit with my family in such special place for such a special occasion.
Relatives: We were able to see my awesome sister in-law Cindy and husband Chris (who are probably moving to Colorado!! yay!). Also my Uncle and Aunt came into town with their darling twin girls, Cassidy and Meredith and it is always so fun to see them.
New Years Eve: Spent the evening with family eating dinner and watching movies. Convinced a begrudging Ben to go out with me downtown after the girls (and adults) went to bed around 10. We had the best time. Went and got hot chocolate, walked temple square (deserted but still lit), went to a concert in the tabernacle, and then watched a band and fireworks on West Temple for the big countdown. New Years is always a bit of a let down...probably because I have the expectation to be at some posh party in a great dress dancing the night away with the perfect kiss at midnight and confetti falling from the ceiling. NEVER has or will happen I'm sure. But this year came pretty close.
New Years Day: Eggs Benedict in the morning with the Grows. Yum! That night we went bowling with the whole family and had a blast. Perfect end to a perfect trip.












4 comments:

  1. LOVED this post! Glad you and Benny were able to get out for a few hours New Year's Eve. :) And I love the pic of your dad with the girls in bed. So cute! It was so good seeing you and chatting with you too. Always very needed and very therapeutic. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well. I sure look incompetent holding Lily. Whoops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I forgot to say congrats on the new toothbrush! Remember how we talked about each of our dentists telling us we needed one for our receeding gums?? Glad you got yours. I bought a $5 electric toothbrush at WalMart a few months ago! And don't tell me you are making your own baby food?? Super Mom again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shot with the girls in their bear outfits. So precious! Glad you had a good holiday.

    ReplyDelete