Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Crunch Time

I just got on my blog after several fun, Christmas filled days and realized in my flurry to get out the door that I never even posted this from last Friday, the 21rst. Oh well, better late than never. 

 
Christmas is four days away and we have been busy, busy, busy getting ready for it. I have been slaving away making almond roca for neighbors and friends and getting advice from my mom every other second on how to get it just right. I made about 10 batches and I would say only 3-4 actually turned out perfect. Ugh. It's tricky. The girls also loved frosting sugar cookies.

We spent an evening out to see Santa at the Bass Pro Shop where they have all kinds of Christmas activities, an aquarium, a merry-go-round, and lots of fun for kids. It was a good time but a very long night. I was worried about Evie being too scared to sit on Santas lap after hours of waiting around. She was all smiles and assurances that she was going to until we were about a foot away from the cute little Santa and she backed out. My sweet shy girl. This will do. She was ok with the moral support from her daddy and sister.


Ben and I went on a Christmas date in downtown Denver and had a wonderful, romantic time out to dinner and ice skating.
We had a mini Colorado Christmas yesterday so that we wouldn't have to cart all the bigger stuff to SLC. We got amazing deals on a little toy kitchen and new push trikes for the girls. We also opened lovely presents from Grandpa and Grandma M which the girls have been throughly enjoying. We ate Christmas coffee cake and then Ben had to head to work. Santa also brought a freezing cold day and a snow storm which was very festive. We were glad it came when it did instead of when we make our big drive.






I was a little foolish to volunteer to have bookclub at our house the night before we left town which added some extra stress to an already  packed week but it turned out well and was a lot of fun. We read Little Women this month and I have absolutely loved it. It's the perfect December read and really added to my Christmas cheer the last couple weeks.
Now we are rushing around throwing everything together to make our journey to SLC tonight. Just a few more things to do before Ben gets home and then off we go.

Check out Christmas in Colorado 2011 and 2012. What a difference a year makes. Merry Christmas!



2 comments:

  1. LOVED this post!! That first picture of the girls is A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E!!!! Well they all are great, but that one is especially cute! Love the hats! Glad they had a great Christmas!!

    Have you ever tried making toffee before? Is it similar to Almond Roca, but I think it is easier and still tastes delicious!! I could share my recipe if you'd like! I bet your neighbors enjoyed the your yummy goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your almond roca looks yummy! wow the girls have sure changed in the past year!

    ReplyDelete