Sunday, January 1, 2012

Maryland

Taking it easy after a wonderful week out in Maryland for Christmas and Daniels wedding. The traveling part was of course a little long and rough but the girls did pretty good all in all. We were very thankful for no delays or weather problems or canceled flights. It went about as smooth as we could have hoped. The bear leash backpacks we got the girls ended up being a life saver. Rosie and Evie provided quite the spectacle parading through the airport like two little pooches.

We had a great Christmas with a delicious meal, church, frosting cookies, caroling, participating in the annual Nativity, hot tubbing, opening presents, playing games, LAN parties, and watching movies. I was a little sad to feel like I couldn't put Christmas music on while we ate breakfast this morning. Everything was wonderful but it sure flew by this year. Good thing another Christmas is always right around the corner.
Tuesday was the big wedding day. The ceremony was beautiful followed by an absolutely scrumptious lunch and a great reception that night. I was so impressed how lovely it all turned out. It was put together so quickly but you would never know it. The girls wore the cutest dresses and looked like little Cinderellas walking up the steps to the party. It was a great day and Becca is a fabulous addition to the family. Rosie and Evie had such a good time seeing and playing with their grandparents and aunts and uncles, going up and down and up and down all the stairs, attempting to destroy all of Grandmas Christmas decorations, going on walks and to Dunkirk park, and going through the bins and bins of toys in the toy room.

With all the Christmas goodies and wedding food I spent a majority of my time eating all the foods I have been trying my hardest to avoid the last month. Zero willpower. Time to start fresh in the new year. I also got to see two of my very dearest friends who both happen to live in the area and were willing to make the drive for a visit. LOVED seeing these girls and catching up. I'm so grateful for friendships that never change. Ben's parents do live kind of out in the middle of nowhere but it makes for a very laid back, relaxing week. And you can't beat the woods of towering stick-straight trees everywhere. Gorgeous. Home again to Colorado with its own charms...fields and fields of dirt. :)

2 comments:

  1. I was just looking at your blog moments before you left those comment and to be honest, I didn't even notice we had the same background. I was too focused on the cute pictures! :) Your girls dresses are adorable! I have to admit that looking at all your girls' cute outfits makes me super excited to have a girl and dress her up cute! So fun!! Glad to hear you had a safe trip and a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed hysterically at the video of the girls on their leashes in the aiport. AWESOME! I need one of those for Logan! And so jealous you got to see the Guner. So fun! Hope you guys had a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete