Thursday, December 8, 2011

Rewind

I'm in one of those blogging ruts where I try to get to it everyday but it always falls last on my list...and the longer I let it go the less I want to do it. Busy, busy time of year.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday in Salt Lake. The meal was of course fabulous and both I and the girls ate an enormous amount of the best sweet potatoes I've ever had. Thanks mom.Daniel, Ben's brother, joined us for part of the day and it was great to see him. We also found out the exciting news that he is getting married December 27th in Maryland. We had been planning on staying in Colorado and having everyone out to stay with us for Christmas but plans have changed a bit. Lots of packing up and wiggly airplane rides ahead but we are looking forward it. I haven't been out there since I was barely pregnant with the girls and am overdo for a visit. Traveling with the girls at this age is a little terrifying but things usually go better than expected. Fingers crossed.

Thanksgiving night I went with my sisters and Emily (third sister) to Breaking Dawn and actually found it quite disturbing. I had a seriously upset stomach the first half hour of the movie so that may have had something to do with it. Must see again. Then we hit up Target for the midnight Black Friday sale (first timer!) and had a blast in the long line trying to get the crowds to sing carols. It was completely insane but I did make out with a double screen car DVD player for the girls at almost half price. Awesome.

Saturday night we went down to Temple Square with the fam in the freezing cold and fought the crowds. Came home for pizza and loved being with my siblings. Ben took off Sunday and I spent the rest of the week hanging out with my fam and some wonderful friends.We spent most of Monday going back and forth to the Expo center helping my sister decorate her gorgeous tree in honor of Charlotte and Lily. The theme was "Meet me at the Fair" and it turned out perfect. Erin does an amazing job. I don't think I was much help with the girlies in tow but it was really fun just to be apart of it. LOVE the Festival of Trees and the tribute it gives to two perfect girls and so many others.Shelley graciously accompanied me to Rosie and Evie's very FIRST professional haircut which I have been putting off forever and butchering them myself (with Benny). I was impressed with what a good job they did and am enjoying their tidier little do's. Evie loved it until Rosie started screaming bloody murder and then she was completely distracted with concern for her sister. All survived.
Spent an evening with my girl Tami, the day with my roomie Jen, and had dinner with a bunch of darling ladies from our old avenues ward. It was so refreshing to see so many of my favorite faces and catch up. Also went out to the zoo with my parents and sister and all the kids. Fun, fun week. While we were gone Ben worked tirelessly on finishing up the dining room and it's beautiful. Pics to come.

Wednesday night there was an insane wind storm that blew over 4 of the enormous pine trees that surround my parents house. I didn't sleep a wink that night because it was SOOO loud. Woke up to what seemed like a scene from a movie. Pretty spooky.
Friday we loaded up the car and Emily, Alex, and I (plus the babes and Clover) headed out to Colorado. I'm so thankful for the extra time their generous offer let me have in Salt Lake and also for their quick visit. I loved the 8 hour car ride spent talking with these girls and the fun filled day we had why they were here. We had a grand slam breakfast Saturday morning, worked out (shred baby), went into Boulder for a little shopping and hot cocoa, and that night went out for a Christmas evening in freezing cold Denver. I laugh like crazy with these two and love them so. Thank you to my Benny for spear heading baby care so I could really enjoy them.
And now we are home and trying to get back into the grind. I always feel like I'm so behind when we get back in town. Trying to do laundry, finish decorating for Christmas, bake for events, Christmas shop and figure out Christmas cards, see friends I missed, church stuff, get books back to the library....just so many odds and ends to be taken care of. Great to be gone, great to be home.

5 comments:

  1. I love the professional hair cutting picture of Rosie (I think) with the sad face!! So dang cute!

    Love your white hat, too, by the way!

    Glad you had a great Thanksgiving and fun with friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to see you and I am glad you could squeeze me in--I know it gets crazy when you are home. And SCORE on the double DVD players! I hope it makes your 8-hour-drive with the girls a little easier as they enjoy some movies. I got mine at Target's Black Friday sale last year and it has been one of our best purchases. Have fun in D.C. for Christmas! Can't wait to hear all about it... love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing you at the lights was the very best ending to my Thanksgiving vacation! I wish we lived closer! It was so fun to see your little girls in person. So glad we can keep up to date with our blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun, newsy post--you are doing a great job of writing your "history" without even knowing it! love the photos of the girls playing with your mom's spice racks and their haircuts! And thanks for sharing a photo of Daniel since I haven't seen him in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the pics in this post. I'm still sad I haven't seen you all in almost a year! I hope that since your plans have changed we'll overlap in DC for a bit. I would love to see you here!

    ReplyDelete