Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Spooktacular

Well, our beautiful fall did get totally trashed from that big first storm. Most of the trees hadn't lost their leaves with the 80 degree weather we were having so the sudden weight of all the snow meant lots and lots of broken branches all over the neighborhood. What a mess. The snow was quite beautiful that first day and the girls were mesmerized by it... but we got over it quickly. Luckily it has pretty much melted and we are back to lovely fall temperatures. Just in time for trick or treating. :)Our first big storm and just my luck the very next day I had agreed to watch these two dogs for SIX days. Oooof. Lots of muddy little paws in and out of the house all day long. I do love pooches but I won't be devastated to see these two rascals head home tomorrow.
We have been up to all kinds of Halloween fun. We've been watching scary movies almost every night for about two weeks and my girls and I enjoyed It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown today. Classic. We hit up two pumpkin patches, carved pumpkins, baked a ridiculous amount of halloween treats for various events, went to our ward party, a baby party with my moms group, and a neighborhood halloween parade.


I didn't realize it would take me so long and cut it pretty close with the girls butterfly wings, not finishing them till minutes before their first party. But they looked adorable. They were a little uncooperative in the beginning wearing their costumes but as soon as we turned them loose to play they loved waddling about in them. The antennas would not be worn...pigtails will have to do.We went trick or treating tonight with the girls and they had such a great time going door to door. The weather was perfect. Evie insisted on walking everywhere and Rosie walked, crawled, and rode in the stroller. This has been one of my all time favorite Halloweens. Last year Rosie and Evie were tiny babies and it was so fun having toddlers this year. I'm sure it's just going to get better. The girls loved going to parties, trick or treating, and dumping out their candy on the floor and playing with it before bed. We had tons of trick-or-treaters, drank hot wassail, and are heading down to watch Wait Until Dark.

I love holidays and insist that they be celebrated to the extreme. My goal is to wake up on November 1rst and not feel any sense of sadness that the holiday is over- I want to feel completely halloweened out by the end. This year was a success.

6 comments:

  1. I love how you celebrate holidays, Allie. Your girls are so adorable in their butterfly costumes, and I think think the pigtails are so cute. I just want to eat them up. I can't wait to see you over Christmas...or will I get to see you over Christmas? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those girls are so extremely darling! I want to see them! Yay for Halloween! It seems like you definitely celebrated it to the max. Good job! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these photos are adorable! girls costumes are amazing! your Halloween baking--pumpkin cake & spooky cupcakes--incredible! don't know how you do it all! such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those girls are darling, their wings are adorable, and their mommy is amazing!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cutest family EVER! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture of Ben's face is giving me nightmares! Very scary. And as always, you know how to celebrate those holidays. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete