Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Full House

Finally finding a minute to sit down and post. We have had a busy couple weeks. I'm sitting in our enclosed porch listening to the rain thud, thud, thud on the metal roof and hoping the forcasted 10 inches of snow that is supposed to hit us tonight doesn't take Fall away permanently. The weather has been unbelievable. Even though I'm starting to get blisters on my hands from all the raking, I have really enjoyed being outside in the yard so much the last few days...just soaking it all up. I have been so impressed by how gorgeous it is here and am wondering where I was last year when all the bright fall colors came out. I'm guessing I was under a rock somewhere pining away for Utah and not even noticing my surroundings. I am in a much better place these days.We have had a full house the last little while. Ben's little sister Cindy, her husband Chris, and new baby Sadie moved in with us about two weeks ago. Chris just finished law school out in Virginia and they have decided to make Colorado their new home. They'll be residing in our basement until he finds a job. They have been very good house guests and so much fun to have around. Hooray for having some family close by! (very close by for the time being :) ) And I'm just loving this little girl. I've been feeling a little bit baby hungry the last few weeks ever since a good friend announced she was pregnant and Sadie bug is helping me get my fix. It's funny how you forget just how much work new babies are...but oh so dear.
Also my darling friends Shelley and Meagan came out from SLC for a visit. They are just fabulous girls and it was so great having them for a few days. We baked and decorated Halloween sugar cookies, had lunch and shopped in Denver, watched scary movies, went on a walk up the canyon, ate out in Boulder, went on a long hunt for new boots, and just had a lovely time catching up. They are so easy to be around and were so sweet to Evie and Rose who seriously just adored them.In other exciting news, little miss Rose is finally walking! She has been thinking about it for a few weeks-- secretly taking steps from here to there when no one was prompting or watching her. But now she seems to have gained a little more confidence and is walking a lot more to get from place to place. She is such a funny girl and never wants to show off for the camera (unlike her sister). She still needs practice and is still on her knees quite a bit but I'm just proud she is finally showing some interest and making progress. Go Rose!
(this video is from a little while ago)

6 comments:

  1. Oh, so fun! I want to come visit!! First trip I'm making after Christmas is to Colorado. And you look AMAZING, ps. So, so cute. Miss you. Let's catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have definitely had a house full! And yay for Rosie! I don't think those girls of yours could be any cuter, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so fun. I want to come for a visit too! I miss those baby girls. Thanksgiving needs to come faster!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so much fun spending time with you, Ben, and the little ladies. I knew that our visit would encourage Rosie to walk. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pink shirts and table! Thanks for housing Chris & Cindy--you are the greatest! Thanks for sharing all the photos--love the video of Rosie walking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some reason I haven't been able to post my comments, so I hope it works this time! Your girls are beautiful. So beautiful. Just like their mom. Congrats on finding the joy in where you currently live, that can be quite the challenge. If only SLC wasn't such a great place to live - and the home for most of our family. :)

    ReplyDelete