Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Forever fall and Forever small please


I love Utah falls and this one went on and on and on with perfect warm weather all the way into December. We had leaves of all colors on the trees for months. Fall is magic and I never want it to end or these little girls to get any bigger.

Rose ad Eve started at Miss Leslie's preschool again in September and love every second of it. They are starting to read and bring home books which is really exciting. Rosie is more into it than Evie but I'm trying to let her just go at her own pace and remember that she is still just a tiny girl.

Rosie and Evie were on their first soccer team and it was fun watching them charge around the field, dink around with the other kids, and once in a while really go after the ball. We had an awesome time at the fair.

On September 18th, Alex had her beautiful baby Jane and let me be there for the birth to take pictures. It was awesome and I think in a way was very healing for me. I had some sad feelings about not being able to have a vbac or attempt a natural birth with Gwena and this really resolved those feelings for me. The most amazing moments of the entire day was when my beautiful niece was finally in my sisters arms and those first few hours of getting acquainted. And those moments were the same for me with my own daughters. Being at Jane's birth gave me a new appreciation for motherhood and reaffirmed the obvious truth that it really does not matter how these babies enter the world, its every moment after that counts. So fun to have such a precious new babe around.

 We took a girls trip up to Fish Lake for a weekend and Ben stayed home to cram out more of his huge backyard project. Went to another fun dancing party with friends. I bought a sewing machine and started quilting which I've loved. Had an amazing season going to Cornbelly's and it did not disappoint. We made it there 7 times. Rosie and Evie were Anna and Elsa for Halloween and I ended up making Ben be Kristof and Gwenie Olaf and I was Sven. Perfect frozen family and perfect fall.





































































2 comments:

  1. Wow--I just checked your blog and found new photos I haven't seen. Thanks for sharing them! Looks like you had a delightful fall.

    ReplyDelete