Sunday, March 30, 2014

March March March


We went up to Fish Lake this weekend with my family and had a great time in the Hayes' amazing lake front cabin. There was an unfortunate incident involving me doing some poor navigating on my phone which got us lost and lengthened our drive by over two hours. Then poor Ben hardly slept that night because it was really hot and smokey from the lovely, cozy fire Zar kept ablaze all night long. But the next day was perfect hiking in Capital Reef and eating delicious burgers at Slackers drive-in and playing games and just hanging out. And of course Rosie and Evie looooved some concentrated cousin time.

                      
                                    
                                    



                                    


Evie watching Frozen on the car ride home. 

Gwena will be 5 months old next week and I can hardly believe it. She is growing up too fast and is nothing but smiles. She is starting to push her self way up on her hands and turn herself around which is madness. We are making plans to move her into the nursery in the next little bit and I don't know if I can bear it. Please just stay little!



We've had some Spring storms and Eve and Rose have been so obsessed with Frozen lately that we had to get out there and build a snowman... even if it meant scraping the lawn to gather up enough snow. They named her Anna. 





 Lucky the Leprechaun came to our house and left a shamrock scavenger hunt for the girls and dyed our milk green and left tiny footprints in the bath tub. I wasn't even planning on doing much for St. Patrick's day but I'm glad I did-- they went nuts for it and were so cute. They had a blast celebrating at preschool too.

They also had a pajama day at school with a pancake and bacon breakfast to help wake up Spring and are still loving their ballet class. 


We've been busy painting the house and Ben has started some crazy project in the backyard. I let the girls help me paint their room lavender and it was super fun in small doses. Two silly toddlers with dripping brushes can go south very quickly. We are slowly slowly making progress. 






Can't get enough of these 3.

2 comments:

  1. your girls are getting SOOO big! Oh man I miss you guys. You always make everything so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! I have fond memories of visiting my friend's mountain (in the Sierras) cabin as a child--your girls will have the same!

    ReplyDelete