Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Easter Holiday

We had great visit from one of my oldest friends Liz a couple weeks ago. I was feeling pretty crumby most of the time and she was so patient and helpful and good with the girls. It was lovely to just hang out and catch up and have an extra pair of hands. Check out these three beauties.


















We then drove out to UT for Tami's wedding and for a visit and had a wonderful time. I loved being there for Tami's sealing and enjoyed catching up with some high school friends at the reception. The girls had a blast running around like crazy and climbing on the tables to blow out the candles.




Easter was perfect. I never miss SLC that much in the winter because the inversion is so terrible but you can't beat it in the spring. It was gorgeous and warm and we had a blast dying eggs, having a hunt, and playing family basketball. The girls are positively in love with their cousins. We went and saw The Croods with Grandpa and Grandma and went to Ella's soccer games. We saw lots of good friends and enjoyed the gorgeous weather and watching General Conference with the fam. We hung out with Daniel and Becca most the day Saturday and loved seeing them too.

 
The only down side was we had an incident with spilled milk in the car which has been quite the ordeal trying to remedy. I seriously gag whenever I open the door.  I've tried baking soda, vinegar, and having the seats and carpets professionally cleaned but it isn't completely gone. I left the windows open to try to air it out and our Garmin and Ben's old ePad tablet were stolen out of the car because I forgot they were in there. boo.



We are home and hopefully saying good bye to the last of winter's storms. The sun is out melting it all away. The girls have loved watching all the robins jumping along the grass and up into the trees. Ben worked like a maniac while we were gone cleaning out the garage, putting in shelves and installing a new garage door opener, taking care of odds and ends, cleaning, and converting the girls cribs into toddler beds. He's incredible.

 I cherish nap time so very much (especially with my recent narcolepsy) and have been worried about making the transition into beds for a while. But the girls have been AWESOME. They love their new beds and stay in them and sleep like little angels. Surprise, surprise.

 I also feel like I've rounded a corner with this pregnancy and am feeling a lot better. 11 1/2 weeks. Still tired...but nothing like before and my nausea is gone most of the day. It is so fabulous to feel human again and have some energy.  The terrible symptoms offered some reassurance that things were still going ok but I'm staying positive. Ultrasound next week!

2 comments:

  1. YAY for almost being 12 weeks!!!!! That is so so awesome! I am glad you are feeling a little better now.

    I can't believe you got robbed! BOO is right! :(

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures of the little girls in their pink dresses!! So adorable! I can't believe how much your girls have grown up in the last few months! I can totally see it in the pictures!

    By the way... I am coming to Colorado in June (like the 23-26). I would LOVE to see you!!!! Hopefully we can make plans to meet up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great trip to SLC! Sorry to hear about spilled milk--smells when you are pregnant are always stronger (I still don't like the smell of popping popcorn). And sorry to hear you're having trouble sleeping--a pregnant woman always needs more sleep than the average person. Thanks for sharing the great photos--love them!

    ReplyDelete