Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A grand time










Had a great time in Salt Lake. Best visit yet because I wasn't stressed about what I did or who I saw or worried about when I had to leave. Just enjoyed it for what it was. Had a great time with my sisters. Went to the park and to the Church History Museum with Erin where my mom volunteers . Went on walks and to see Harry Potter with Alex with butter beer, licorice wands, and golden snitches. We all went and got our nails done.

King Jakey's wedding was very tiring but so beautiful and perfect. It was so nice to spend some time with him and his new darling little wife. They had about a bazillion showers and were around a lot late at night for some good talks. I can't believe he is married and we'll have no more family weddings for many, many years. Unless one of us splits up says my mom...nice. We spent a lot of time watching old family videos and talking about memories of putting on plays together, going on trips, fighting, etc. We had a pretty marvelous childhood and it seems so weird that everyone is seemingly all grown up...but not really.

Saw lots of wonderful friends. Got to spend an entire day just hanging out with a couple of my college roommates and a million crazy kids. Met friends in the park and for dinner and for BBQs. Went to the zoo with my relatives and cute cousins. Met up with my sisters fam at the drive-in with Ben's little brother. Just had a grand time.

I plan to spend my July's in Salt Lake every year.

4 comments:

  1. I loved seeing you and the girls. Meags and I are planning a trip to visit you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have been there with you and Kristin! I got to see Kristin later on in the week at our reunion and it would have been great to see you too! Glad you had a great time in SLC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come back soon! We miss you. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved all the pictures--looks like you had a blast! glad it was a good trip.

    ReplyDelete