Saturday, August 10, 2013

New Bathroom

The bathroom is finally finished and it is gorgeous. I must admit I was not overly supportive of the project from the get-go and was not thrilled with all the time it was taking. There is just SOOOOO much to get done around here. But, in the end, I think it was worth it. I took a long hot bath last night and then moved to the shower and I seriously felt like I was at a spa. What a bummer to be packing up and leaving it all behind.

Ben worked on it every weekend and evening for about a month and it was an insane amount of work. I spent all of 3 hours being Ben's water girl and sponging the walls as Ben moved along grouting. That alone convinced me of what tiring, back breaking, knee crunching, up and down labor it was throughout the whole process. Ooooof.

Before
Gutted

Framing
Dry wall

Here's to you Ben. You are so very talented and hard working and I love being married to such a handy man.

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally amazed at Ben's abilities! He never ceases to surprise me! Too bad you don't get to enjoy this new bathroom longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This looks beautiful!!! I'd love to have him do this in my house! :)

    ReplyDelete